Our Mission: SeniorsNL supports, promotes, and enhances the well-being and independence of all older adults throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
Provides information and referrals to support informed decision making with:
• A toll-free, provincial Seniors’ Information Line for seniors 50+ and their supporters; this line is primarily answered by senior peer support volunteers
• In-depth information on services and resources for seniors at local, provincial, and federal levels (such as housing, home care, prescription drug plans, Service Canada, snowclearing services, leisure activities, etc.)
• Housing Lists, as well as lists of personal care homes and long-term care homes divided by region
• Various guides, brochures, and resources, including a Housing Transitions guide, Caregivers’ Guide, elder abuse brochures, etc.
• Support with system navigation
• Webinars and in-person presentations on seniors’ issues (such as the Adult Protection Act, Ageism, Vision, Hearing, Wills, etc.)
In addition, SeniorsNL’s NL Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse works to prevent elder abuse by raising awareness of this issue and sharing information on elder abuse initiatives and resources in our province.
Information and Referral Services – Call, email, visit the website or social media and in person (call first to discuss)
Community Relations and Engagement – Call, email, visit the website, social media (youtube) and in person (call first to discuss) and off site.